IPSH04 was based on the experience with use of slurry pumps and high pressure jetting utilized for similar tools from Scanmudring.
- The phase included
- Final design
- Load testing of IPSH04 according to DNV 2.7.3
- Assembly of spread
- Shallow water test
- Shallow water (<35 meters of water depth)
- High Currents
- Poor Visibility
The IPSH04 performed extremely well on sand and progress well above expectations.
Hard clay and rocks needed other techniques and nozzle configurations.
Conclusion / Lessons Learned
- The IPSH04 worked excellent in soft sandy conditions, piles were dredged to target depth in ca. 20 min per pile
- Plug-and-play setup for upcoming campaigns with similar requirements and soil conditions
- Tool length was very short, allowing access while topside still installed, also below heli deck